macrominds website system
Why would I want yet another website system?
You probably don't.
But if you are a php developer who appreciates standards and if you nod and mumble „yes“ at some of the following statements, then it might be worth getting to know macrominds/website.
- You want to implement websites and web designs without system restrictions
- You don't want to use databases for simple websites
- You want to work offline and locally
- You like to version control the code and the content
- You appreciate performance and control
- A static site generator doesn't meet your needs
- You think a CMS should be optional, not tied to the website
- You want sensitive code to be stored outside the document root
- You want tested and testable code and you like automated deployment
This is the macrominds website system
composer create-project macrominds/website my-website and
start working with the
that provides you with:
- flat file content
- content that can be version controlled
- Twig Templates
- YAML frontmatter
- Markdown content
- and the ability to swap them for other engines
- auto deployment
- resource oriented urls
- sensitive code outside document root
- tested and testable code
The core is a composer dependency, so that it doesn't clutter up your project.
Oh, and it's open source.
There are actually live websites powered by macrominds/website-lib, but the framework is in an extreme early stage – please keep that in mind.